OpenEstate-PHP-Export 2.0-beta1 released
We've completely rewritten the OpenEstate-PHP-Export scripts and are happy to announce its first release 2.0-beta1.
Modifications towards version 1.x
- increased minimal requirements to PHP 5.6
- make use of OOP and namespaces for better extensibility
- strictly separated application logic and layout
- more flexible layout with themes (comparable to the freely programmable themes in WordPress)
- separate translation files for application code and themes (GNU gettext format)
- translatable through our online translation tool
- three responsive HTML5 themes available by default:
- switched to the less restrictive Apache License, Version 2.0
- OpenEstate-PHP-Export 2.0-beta1 is integrated into OpenEstate-ImmoTool 1.0-beta43. In order to use the new scripts, you should create a new export interface with the format "Website: PHP-Export 2.x" within the application. Start a website export with the newly created export interface together with the enabled option "Export scripts" in order to automatically update the PHP scripts on the webspace.
- Alternatively OpenEstate-PHP-Export 2.0-beta1 is available via GitHub and can be manually installed on a webspace.
Before updating the scripts you should get a backup of the current export folder. After the update is finished you can add your local customizations (e.g.
- Disable the "Export scripts" option in the corresponding export interface of OpenEstate-ImmoTool.
- Remove the folders
templatesfrom the webspace (if available).
- Remove the files
util_session_clear.phpfrom the webspace (if available).
- Download OpenEstate-PHP-Export 2.0-beta1 as ZIP archive or TAR.GZ archive and extract the file locally.
- Copy the contents of the extracted
src-Unterordners to the webspace.
- Set write permission to the
cachefolder on the webspace (
Process data of older PHP exports
Version 2.x introduces some modifications to the data structures in the
data folder. Therefore data of older PHP exports (1.x) is not supported by the new scripts (2.x) by default. But you can enable the old data format through a setting in the configuration file.
If an older version than OpenEstate-ImmoTool 1.0-beta43 is used or if the export interface uses the old format "Website: PHP-Export 1.x", you can enable the old data format through this entry in the
config.php file (line 100):
// Enable compatibility for data of PHP-export 1.6.x or 1.7.x. $this->compatibility = 0;
Missing CMS modules
Unfortunately our CMS modules are currently not supporting PHP-Export 2.x.
- There are development version available for WordPress and WBCE, that already work quite reliably. We're going to release these modules for WordPress and WBCE within the next few days.
- Reworking the modules for Joomla and CMSms will take a bit longer. We're expecting a of these modules release around February 2019.